So at the beginning of this discussion, we spoke about the average person (adult or child) consumes 3 cups of sugar in the candy they eat on Halloween . . . And that's equal to 144 teaspoons of sugar. To me, that is just mind blowing!!!
But . . . sadly true!
Okay . . . so the question for today is this . . . Did you know that when you consume "sugar" it not only makes us feel good for a short time . . . it actually FEEDS the "bad" bacteria in our body that I'm always talking about that causes illness, weight issues and disease? And yes, even cancer!
You see . . . Our "good" bacteria relies on fiber as its "main" food source . . . but "bad" bacteria "thrives" on sugar and refined carbohydrates for their "main" food source. Therefore . . . a diet high in "sugar", throws off the delicate balance within the microbiome and these changes within the gut can happen very quickly.
In as little as 2 - 4 days of eating a lot of candy . . . the roughly 100 trillion bacteria in the digestive system can change. You see . . . sugar can keep the "good" bacteria from colonizing and keeping our gut healthy.
While . . . the "bad" bacteria feeds on the sugar and divides. One bad bacteria splits and becomes two bacteria. And two becomes four and so on. Doubling can occur quickly if the conditions are right.
So even one day of "sugar" overdose can cause upset in the intestines and the "good" to "bad" bacteria ratio can change.
And when this happens . . . it will cause increased "sugar" craving and "inflammation" throughout the body.
Okay . . . so if that's not bad enough . . .
Symptoms of sugar intolerances include: Fatigue, abdominal cramps, painful bloating, gas, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea.
And when you consume a lot of sugar in a short amount of time . . . this causes a rapid change to blood glucose levels. And that can lead to symptoms that some people describe as a "sugar hangover" which include headache, nausea and upset stomach.
So how does this really work???
You see . . . bacteria, cancer and viruses . . . yes, even viruses . . . also have a "sweet tooth". This is their "main" food source along with refined carbohydrates.
Now . . . when we consume too much sugar . . . "bad" bacteria in our body throws a little party saying . . . FOOD TRAIN! At this time our organs start malfunctioning and the process of miscommunication within our cells now becomes an issue.
Okay . . . so now the immune system is yelling "Mayday, Mayday" because not only is the body trying to eliminate the overload of "sugar" . . . it's now trying to kill the overload of "bad" bacteria that is growing fast and furious because we just fed it with its favorite food. And a lot of it.
At this time, the immune system starts to do its job to kill some of the "bad" bacteria. And when this bacteria dies . . . it releases a harmful substance that contains 79 different toxins into the body.
WE ARE NOW IN TROUBLE!
And 3 of the worst toxins are "Uric acid", Ethanol" and "Acetaldehyde".
Tomorrow we'll talk about the devastation they can cause in the body.
So people . . . please think twice before you indulge with all that candy.
As always, feel free to contact me here