So why do we have allergies to pollen, fur, insects, dust or food which make us hypersensitive? To understand the answer to this question, we must first understand the function and mechanics of the human body itself. Let's use an example we can see. Let's say you get stung by a bee and you have an allergic reaction. What's the process? What happens in between the actual bite and the end result of a red, swollen bump or worse . . . restricted breathing?
Well, as soon as you get bitten, the immune system goes into action. A compound called "Histamine," is released by mast cells which are part of the immune system in response to this injury. This response is an allergic and inflammatory reaction. Histamine produced by the mast cells, travels to the bite and causes inflammation (red and soreness) to get rid of the toxins so the immune system can heal it. Simple right?
BUT . . . if more histamine and inflammation are released from these mast cells than the immune system can handle . . . over time the build-up leaves you with a compromised immune system, resulting in allergies, weight issues and disease. And if that's not bad enough , , , at this point the liver is overloaded and overworked and can no longer metabolize these toxins.
The same scenario holds true for pollen, fur, dust and food allergies. Spring is the season for pollen allergies and when pollen gets in your nose, the immune system jumps into action and sends histamine to the rescue. In a normal healthy situation, histamine does its job correctly by causing inflammation to alert the immune system where the foreign object is (in this case the pollen). At this time, the immune system gets rid of this toxic pollen and we are good to go with "no" allergic reaction.
But as I just said, if the mast cells are producing and sending out more histamine than the body can handle, we know have an allergic reaction such as inflammation, itchy and tearing eyes, itchy ears, runny nose, sore throat and sneezing. And now we need an "anti-histamine" to try to reduce the amount of histamine our mast cells have produced. But are anti-histamines the answer or cure to allergies? I don't think so!!!
All an anti-histamine does is put a bandaid on the situation. It's not fixing it. And in most cases you are now dealing with the side effects of the product. Dry mouth, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, moodiness, trouble peeing or blurred vision to mention just a few. And long term use can lead to chronic constipation, confusion and a short-term memory.
So what is the real cause to any kind of allergy? In a word . . . LECTINS! You see, lectins in the food we eat on a daily basis, provoke the release of large amounts of "histamine," which causes massive amounts of "inflammation" throughout the body. As I stated in yesterday's blog, after 10 years of researching the mechanics of the human body, I believe there is a root cause to the immune system overworking. The lectins we consume in our diet everyday, send miscommunications to our organs, glands, hormones, and immune system messing up the signaling process of the body. In this case, telling the mast cells to send more histamine than is really needed. Now we are left with the body and liver working overtime to eliminate it. Hence . . . we now have allergies!
Now don't get me wrong . . . lectins are high in nutritional value . . . "IF" and only if, our body and immune system is functioning properly. BUT "If not" . . . which is where most Americans that eat a Western diet are . . . lectins now become very toxic and will cause havoc to our body. This causing Leaky Gut, disease, premature aging, etc. (Read "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" by Mindy Lee for more information on this devastating process.) You see, lectins block mucosa, which is the natural barrier and protector against bacteria and viruses not only in the intestines, but also in the "throat." This creates a prolonged state of inflammation which can reprogram the immune system and lead to allergies.
If you'd like more information, feel free to contact us.